In a nutshell
If you currently work as a counselling practitioner such as counsellor, psychologist, social worker, family support worker, family and children’s contact worker, or similar, and are looking for a way to sharpen your skills and drive your career forward, then this CHC81015 Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling qualification from The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP) could be just what you’re looking for.
The program aims to improve your proficiency in working with families, couples, or individuals within the context of relationships, providing specialised counselling interventions. The course unfolds as a flexible hybrid learning experience, incorporating face-to-face interactions, work placements, and self-paced eLearning modules. Through immersion in systemic practice and theory, participants will gain the skills to navigate therapeutic challenges, fostering the development of clinical proficiency, knowledge, and confidence essential for effectively managing the complexities found in relationship counselling—whether with individuals, couples, or families.
This course involves commitment of up to 20 hours per week, plus has a supervised work placement component that will allow you to put your knowledge into practice before graduation. The course also involves 50 hours of supervised work placement aimed at allowing you to put your newly acquired skills into practice.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course:
- Students should posses an undergraduate degree or higher qualification in counselling, psychology, social work, social science or equivalent; OR
- Students should have obtained a CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling from the CHC Community Services Training Package or equivalent.
While completing the CHC81015 Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling qualification from The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP), you will cover the following subjects:
- CHCDFV008 - Manage responses to domestic and family violence in family work
- CHCFCS001 - Facilitate the family counselling process
- CHCFCS002 - Provide relationship counselling
- CHCFCS003 - Provide counselling to children and young people
- CHCPRP007 - Work within a clinical supervision framework
- CHCPRP006 - Lead Own Professional Development
- CHCDFV006 - Counsel Clients Affected by Domestic and Family Violence
- CHCDFV012 - Make Safety Plans with people who have been subjected to domestic and Family Violence
- CHCDFV013 - Manage Domestic and Family Violence and Abuse Screening and Risk assessment processes
- CHCFCS004 - Provide grief and loss counselling
- CHCCCS003 - Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
Why The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP)?
The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP) (RTO: 70206) stands out as an award-winning and globally recognised training provider specialising in advanced, cutting-edge strategic approaches to Counselling, Mental Health, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnotherapy, and Strategic Psychotherapy. IAP are committed to developing an understanding of the specific needs of each student and delivering the best and most effective learning experience possible. IAP offers its students flexible study options, which include self-paced, online, and live broadcasted training. Additionally, IAP holds national accreditation as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provides ongoing supervision for its graduates as well as career advice and assistance.
The Institute of Applied Psychology prides itself on a global network of renowned practitioners and facilitators, offering world-class training modules and robust student support mechanisms. IAP is committed to providing a safe and engaging study space for all students, and offer students a maximum level of support in terms of managing their study load, performance and personal circumstances in order to optimise their chances of graduating in as short a time as possible. Beyond a mere certification, IAP is committed to creating a nurturing learning environment that empowers individuals to make significant impact in their professional fields and the lives of others. So if you are looking to start or progress your career in this exciting and growing field, IAP makes an excellent choice as your potential training provider.