In a nutshell
Based on the content stemming from the Bachelor of Business (Leadership) is the Associate Degree of Sport Business qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) – offering students the opportunity to enter the workforce earlier, or complete their studies whilst balancing other commitments.
Key topics of this degree include sport analytics, sport law and integrity, sport management, athlete well-being, leadership, and management. The Associate Degree of Sport Business is also a pathway to the Bachelor of Sport Business (Leadership). ACPE outshines competitors in the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, showcasing what students have said about their experience at ACPE. ACPE ranked number 1 for sport courses in Austalia for learning resources and skills development in 2021.
Study With ACPE
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
While a qualification can be accepted for admission into a diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree study, a higher performance standard is required for bachelor’s degree entry. Applicants who don’t meet the required standard can pursue associate degree or diploma study. Upon successful completing the diploma or associate degree study, you can articulate into the bachelor’s degree and apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. We also offer various alternative entry pathways.
For more information, please enquire.
In this sports business course, subjects you may study include:
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Sport and the Social Context
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- IT in Sports Business Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- International Sport Business
- Asset and Risk Management
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Statutory Requirements for Sports Business
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Health Policy and Politics
- Leadership in Sport Business
- Building Relationships in Sports Business
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.