In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Dance Practice qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is a specialised degree that will equip you with the necessary skills and experience to become a professional in the dance industry.
This course not only develops artistry, choreography and performance, but also extends into values and ethics, dance within a health context, technical production, safe dance practice, and more. As the dance industry evolves, so does employment. Combining creativity with industry placements and practical training is perfect for passionate individuals who are looking to build a solid career within the dance industry.
The Bachelor of Dance Practice is also a pathway course for the Bachelor of Dance Education, with the first year of both degrees being the same. If you meet the entry requirements, you don’t lose any times or credits when transferring into second year.
This course is delivered face-to-face at ACPE’s Sydney Olympic Park campus, with selected units available online.
Study dance at ACPE
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- Performance in relevant year 11 results for early entry pending release of HSC results.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- A completed Certificate IV from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification plus completed year 11 or an equivalent.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent.
All applicants must also complete a dance workshop before entry.
For more information, please enquire.
In this dance course, subjects you may study include:
- Foundations of Dance
- Dance Composition
- Understanding Health
- Skill Acquisition
- Dance History
- Dance Production
- Popular Dance Styles
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Classical Dance Styles
- Functional Anatomy
- Professional Integrity
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Dance and Somatics
- Dance and Technology
- Exercise & Social Development through the Lifespan
- Building Professional Relationships
- Dance Composition II
- Teaching Skills: Dance Studio
- Dance Promotion
- Dance & Health (WIL)
- Dance Performance
- Dance & Communities
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Event and Project Management
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: