In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Strength & Conditioning) from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is a specialist degree that fosters coaching, administrative, and professional skills that are necessary to work towards a fulfilling sport career.
Through this degree, you will learn about coaching theory, scientific processes, leadership skills, strength and conditioning mixology, and communication techniques. This degree contains a solid mix of both practical and theory work, both of which align extremely well with managing administrative, legislative, and political complexities often seen in the sport coaching sector. By studying with ACPE, you will also gain several supporting certifications that accompany your degree. ACPE is also a proud member of the International Council for Coaching Excellence.
Study With ACPE
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
While a qualification can be accepted for admission into a diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree study, a higher performance standard is required for bachelor’s degree entry. Applicants who don’t meet the required standard can pursue associate degree or diploma study. Upon successful completing the diploma or associate degree study, you can articulate into the bachelor’s degree and apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. We also offer various alternative entry pathways.
For more information, please enquire.
In this course, subjects you may study include:
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Coaching Sport
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Athletics and Aquatics Specialisation
- Strength and Conditioning
- Functional Anatomy
- Performance Analysis and Research in Coaching
- Exercise Prescription Throughout the Lifespan
- Biochemistry and Nutrition
- Professional Communication
- Professional Integrity
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning (Work Integrated Learning - WIL)
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Inclusive Coaching
- Athlete Talent Identification and Development
- Advanced Training Principles and Exercise Prescription
- Sports Medicine
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.