In a nutshell
If you are deeply passionate about the community sports landscape and would like to commence a rewarding career in the field of community sports, then this Diploma of Community Sport and Movement qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) could be a great choice.
The course will enable you to acquire the indispensable knowledge and skills essential for excelling in entry-level positions within the community sport industry. This comprehensive program is strategically designed to nurture your aspirations, catering to both newcomers entering the field and seasoned professionals aiming to advance their careers. With the focus on the development of the expertise needed to lead, coordinate, and contribute effectively to community sports initiatives, from event management to grassroots engagement, the curriculum encompasses a wide spectrum of community based initiatives, ensuring you are thoroughly equipped to drive positive change in your community.
What you’ll need
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum NSW HSC or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
While completing the Diploma of Community Sport and Movement qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you will cover the following subjects:
- PER1113 - Foundations of Sport Development
- PER1111 - Physical Literacy for Children and Young People
- PER1103 - Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- HSC1105 - Exercise Prescription
- PER1114 - Professional Skills for the Sport Industry
- PER2102 - Professional Communication
- GHS2106 - Inclusive Health & Physical Activity
- SPB1209 - Introduction to Facility Management
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: