In a nutshell
If you’re the type of person who is focused on detail and enjoy creating an improving work processes in order to optimise safety and well-being of people at a workplace, then this BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training could be your pathway to a rewarding career.
Over the last decade, work health and safety (WHS) has become a focus across many industry sectors, and demand for qualified WHS professionals is at an all time high. If you’re looking to take advantage of this demand and join the booming WHS sector, this course will give you all the skills and confidence you need to commence a rewarding career. You will gain essential knowledge such as how to contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes; how to contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety; how to contribute to WHS risk management and how to assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors. By the end of the course you will be fully qualified and certified to start working in one of many WHS roles available nationally across almost all industry sectors.
This course is delivered 100% online, requires roughly 10 hours of study per week and can be completed in 12-18 months.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements for entering this course, students should:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent as a minimum;
- 2+ years of full-time work experience;
- Have reasonable level of computer literacy;
- Have a sufficient level of English language proficiency.
While completing the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training, you will study the following subjects:
- BSBWHS412 - Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 - Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 - Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 - Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 - Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBWHS418 - Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS431 - Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCMM11 - Make presentations
- BSBWHS512 - Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.