In a nutshell
Excel as a leader and help your team thrive with the core skills and management theory you’ll learn with this 100% online BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training.
Designed to enhance the management capacity of emerging leaders across a diverse range of industries and professions, this course offers you a range of opportunities for developing practical, industry-relevant skills.
You’ll learn how to lead effective teams and develop efficient work plans, strategise for the workplace, write and articulate complex ideas, and comply with operational health and safety and financial regulations. If multiple professionals from your workplace are interested in this course, AIM may further contextualise it to your industry, making this an excellent investment in the future of your business.
This course is delivered 100% online, requires roughly 10 hours of study per week and can be completed in 12-18 months.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements for entering this course, students should:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent as a minimum;
- 2+ years of full-time work experience;
- Have reasonable level of computer literacy;
- Have a sufficient level of English language proficiency.
While completing the BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training, the units of competency you may study include:
- BSBLDR411 - Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 - Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 - Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBCMM412 - Lead difficult conversations
- BSBOPS403 - Apply business risk management processes
- BSBPEF402 - Develop personal work priorities
- BSBSTR401 - Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBPEF401 - Manage personal health and wellbeing
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.