In a nutshell
If you are passionate about health and fitness, and would like to turn this passion into a career, then this SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness qualification from Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) could be a great way to enter the exciting fitness industry.
This course will give you the required skills to commence working in the industry and set you on your way to becoming a great fitness professional. On completion of the course, you will have the essential knowledge required to start working as a qualified Group Exercise and Gym Instructor, such as how to complete client fitness assessments, how to plan and instruct group exercise sessions, how to use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise and how to maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities.
This Australia-wide course consists of 15 course units which can be completed in up to 12 months, as well as 23.5 hours of face-to-face practical learning with a mentor. This can be completed with a 1-to-1 Flexible Mentor that AIPT will match you with, or a Mentor of your choice that AIPT could approve.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
For the online part of the course, you may need regular access to:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
Office Equipment: Printer and scanner to print and upload some of your assessments
Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended).
Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above.
Mobile Phone with video capability or Video Camera: Some assessments in your course will require you to take and submit videos of you undertaking tasks for assessment.
Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later.
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
Minimum Age: You need to be at least 16 years old. If you’re under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your enrolment form.
Education: You’ll need to have completed year 10 or equivalent (i.e., a qualification at Certificate II level or higher), or have 2 years of industry experience.
Residency Status: You need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Working with Children Check: For the work placement portion of your course, you may need a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant authority in your state/territory.
While completing the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness qualification from Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, you may study the following subjects:
- SISFFIT032 - Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 - Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT052 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT034 - Assess client movement and provide exercise advice
- SISFFIT035 - Plan group exercise sessions
- BSBOPS304 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT036 - Instruct group exercise sessions
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid*
- SISFFIT040 - Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISFFIT047 - Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- SISXFAC002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
- BSBWHS332X - Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities
- BSBPEF301 - Organise personal work priorities
* This course contains the unit HLTAID011 Provide First Aid which must be completed through an external RTO. AIPT has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price or you may source your own training provider. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fee. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your First Aid certificate for AIPT to process a Credit Transfer against this unit of competency on your student record.
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as smooth as possible.
Largest network of locations
We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules and budget, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. As an AIPT student, you will also have access to the My eCampus learning portal where you will be able to download course content and submit assessments.