In a nutshell
Combine your passion for design, technology and architecture!
This Bachelor of Architectural Technology qualification, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, prepares you to design and document innovative buildings using new and emerging digital technologies. The course will teach you the architectural fundamentals required to design high-performing buildings, including concept development, digital modelling, and construction documentation. You will gain expertise in computer-aided design (CAD) and building information modelling (BIM), and get hands on practice with the professional software that architectural firms use today. Mentored by industry experts, you will undertake live client briefs during your studies which will develop your practice in a professional design environment. In your final year, you will complete an Architectural Capstone project for which you will research and develop a building proposal across public, commercial and residential interactive experiences.
Master industry-standard software
Become an expert with the software that architectural firms use today including SketchUp Pro, Unreal Engine, Rhino, Grasshopper and Revit BIM.
Free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence
You’ll receive a free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence for the entire time you’re studying Design with us.
#1 for Student Support
Our Interior and Environmental Design courses received the highest ranking for student support in the 2021 QILT Survey.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, students need to have:
- Completed Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent, OR
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above, OR
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification, OR
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
While completing the Bachelor of Architectural Technology qualification delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, you will cover the following subjects:
- Design Context
- Design Drawing
- Digital Environments and Human Scale
- History of Architecture, Interior Design and Decoration
- Principles of Structure
- Architectural Studio 1
- Immersive Digital Experience
- Material Science and Sustainability
- Theories of Space and Place
- Systems and Documentation 2: Commercial
- Computational Architecture
- Problem Based Learning Studio
- The Building as an Organism
- Architectural Studio 2
- Social Enterprise
- BIM: Sustainable Building Life Cycles
- Work Integrated Learning
- Systems and Documentation 3: Nominated
- Architectural Capstone Part A
- Architectural Capstone Part B
Why Billy Blue College of Design?
Billy Blue College of Design is the design and creative technology faculty at Torrens University Australia, and home to the industry’s best and brightest. They’re known for our engagement with industry and employability focus, with courses developed in collaboration with industry leaders.
You'll study in iconic, inspirational spaces where ideas flourish, and our educators are adventurous and eager to share their craft, and industry contacts. During your studies, you’ll master the practical skills you need back up your imagination and gain the commercial skills you need to scale up your career.
Best of all, university admission needn’t be a worry. You don’t need an ATAR to study with Billy Blue, just a passion to learn, and that hard-earned work-life experience counts too.
You’ll benefit from the dedicated support of Course Advisors and Success Coaches, who can help you navigate your career dreams and study goals.
And, with all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part-time, on-campus, online, or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.