In a nutshell
Find your place in the fashion industry with a Bachelor of Branded Fashion Design course, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia.
Throughout this degree, you’ll learn garment construction techniques, how to evaluate communication and brand-fashion strategies, and scrutinise past, present and future fashion trends. You will learn how to create a range of brand-design solutions, liaise with others across the fashion industry and use the latest software to communicate your product design ideas. You’ll discover how to produce clothing designs to industry standards while meeting budgets and timelines and how to manage the integrity and positioning of a brand.
This course is recognised by the Design Institute of Australia, giving you confidence that your education is of the highest industry standard.
Free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence
You’ll receive a free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence for the entire time you’re studying Design with us.
Exclusive industry partnerships
We’ve partnered with industry leaders including Vogue Australia and Fashion Queensland, to offer you internship, mentoring and scholarship opportunities.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, students need to have:
- Completed Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent, OR
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above, OR
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification, OR
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
While completing the Bachelor of Branded Fashion Design qualification, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, you will cover the following subjects:
- Design Context
- Design Studio 1
- Design Studio 2
- Fashion Illustration
- Introduction to Branded Fashion Technical Drawing
- Introduction to Shape and Form
- Fashion Studio Practice
- Fashion vs Clothing
- Design Studio 3
- Problem Based Learning Studio
- Discover, Define, Develop, Deliver
- International Fashion Systems
- Digital Print Design and Print Theory
- Tech and Specs for Fashion
- Enterprise Management Systems
- Advanced Draping and Sewing
- Social Enterprise
- Work Integrated Learning
- Collection Design
- Professional Folio Production
- Portfolio Range
- Technical Portfolio Production
- Branded Fashion Production
Why Billy Blue College of Design?
Billy Blue College of Design is the design and creative technology faculty at Torrens University Australia, and home to the industry’s best and brightest. They’re known for our engagement with industry and employability focus, with courses developed in collaboration with industry leaders.
You'll study in iconic, inspirational spaces where ideas flourish, and our educators are adventurous and eager to share their craft, and industry contacts. During your studies, you’ll master the practical skills you need back up your imagination and gain the commercial skills you need to scale up your career.
Best of all, university admission needn’t be a worry. You don’t need an ATAR to study with Billy Blue, just a passion to learn, and that hard-earned work-life experience counts too.
You’ll benefit from the dedicated support of Course Advisors and Success Coaches, who can help you navigate your career dreams and study goals.
And, with all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part-time, on-campus, online, or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.