In a nutshell
Start your career in the design industry with a Diploma of Design, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia.
This Diploma of Design has been developed to provide a broad sample of different design specialities for people with or without a background in design. Our extensive selection of elective courses give you an introduction to topic areas such as Branded Fashion Design, Communication Design, Digital Media Design, Interior Design, and Game Design and Development. This design diploma provides full credit as a pathway into the more advanced courses, so you can specialise and choose your direction after sampling everything the Diploma of Design has to offer.
This course is recognised by the Design Institute of Australia, giving you confidence that your education is of the highest industry standard.
Free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence
You’ll receive a free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence for the entire time you’re studying Design with us.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, students need to have:
- Completed Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent, OR
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above, OR
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification, OR
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
While completing the Diploma of Design qualification delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, you will cover four core and four elective subjects:
- Design Context
- Design Studio 1
- Design Studio 2
- Work Integrated Learning
- Digital Design Foundations
- Visual Language of Design
- Finished Art (pre-requisite DGDDD100 Digital Design Foundations)
- Design Drawing
- Interior Design Practice
- Construction and CAD
- Joinery and Finishes
- History of Interior Design and Decoration
- Systems and Documentation 2 (Residential)
- Fashion Illustration
- Introduction to Branded Fashion Technical Drawing
- Fashion vs Clothing
- Introduction to Shape and Form (Co-requisite FA108A)
- Fashion Studio Practice (Pre-requisite FA107A)
- Motion Design
- Psychology of Moving Image
- Interaction Design
- Animation Principles
- Beyond the Creative Industries
- Digital Portfolio and Showreel
- 2D Asset Creation
- 3D Asset Creation
- Game Design Principles
Why Billy Blue College of Design?
Billy Blue College of Design is the design and creative technology faculty at Torrens University Australia, and home to the industry’s best and brightest. They’re known for our engagement with industry and employability focus, with courses developed in collaboration with industry leaders.
You'll study in iconic, inspirational spaces where ideas flourish, and our educators are adventurous and eager to share their craft, and industry contacts. During your studies, you’ll master the practical skills you need back up your imagination and gain the commercial skills you need to scale up your career.
Best of all, university admission needn’t be a worry. You don’t need an ATAR to study with Billy Blue, just a passion to learn, and that hard-earned work-life experience counts too.
You’ll benefit from the dedicated support of Course Advisors and Success Coaches, who can help you navigate your career dreams and study goals.
And, with all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part-time, on-campus, online, or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.