About this course
If you’re looking to launch your career as a fully qualified social worker, and want to advocate for and support vulnerable individuals, there’s no better place to get trained than with Charles Sturt University.
CSU is one of the leading providers of social work in Australia, and this online Bachelor of Social Work course will provide you with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to launch your new career. The program lays a solid foundation of skills for you, with subjects covering a range of different specialisations including child protection, disability, rehabilitation, family services and mental health.
The course has also been approved by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), meaning that upon graduation you’ll be eligible to apply for full accreditation with AASW. As a part of the course work, students will be required to attend four one-week sessions at the residential school based on CSU’s Wagga Wagga campus.
Give your social worker career the competitive edge it deserves, and enquire now!
CSU is dedicated to helping you achieve your personal goals.
To be eligible to apply for this course, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an ATAR ranking of at least 65.0
- Have successfully completed at least two subjects at university level
- Hold a Certificate III or higher VET qualification
- Have successfully completed a bridging program or TAFE Tertiary Preparation Certificate (TPC)
- Have at least two years of relevant industry experience
- Have completed at least 50 per cent of a diploma
- Foundations of psychology for health and human services
- Introductory sociology
- Child and adolescent psychology
- Social inequality
- Psychology of ageing
- Law for the human services 2
- Ethics and social work practice
- Community analysis
- Indigenous cultures, histories and contemporary realities
- Communication and human services
- Introduction to social welfare
- Fields of practice
- Developing cross-cultural competencies
Why Charles Sturt University?
One of the first universities to adopt distance education study, Charles Sturt University (CSU) is Australia's leading university in online education and continues to strive for innovation and excellence in higher learning. With a track record in graduate employment and strong industry contacts, CSU offers relevant training and workplace skills at both an undergraduate and postgraduate level. CSU specialises in a range of industries such as agriculture, viticulture, education, librarianship, allied health and criminology.
CSU offers a range of student support services, academic learning support and skills development for all its distance education students. Studying with CSU, you will have access to your online subjects, Student Services, the CSU Library, forums and your exam results through student.csu, a personalised online portal.
You will also have entry into CSU Interact, a scholarly environment that connects students and staff online. Each subject you’re enrolled in will have its own subject site housed within CSU Interact, giving you access to learning content, tools and subject forums.