In a nutshell
The online CPC40120 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Site Management) from College for Adult Learning will develop your skills in the building and construction industry to give you the ability to successfully manage a construction site. Step up from Foreperson and Site Supervisor roles with the confidence to handle all aspects of construction site management from administration to planning, team leadership and operations to ensure regulations and project requirements are met.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Manage construction project resources to ensure projects run smoothly;
- Understand and interpret information from sites and set-out plans and manage the application of building codes;
- Establish a workplace safety plan to keep crews and subcontractors safe;
- Prepare tender documentation and administer contracts.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at time of registration
- Demonstrate competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
It is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You'll need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
Subjects you may study include:
- CPCCBC4024 - Resolve Business Disputes
- BSBPMG422 - Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG426 - Apply project risk management techniques
- CPCCBC4001 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 Buildings
- CPCCBC4053 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings
- CPCCBC4008 - Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
- BSBESB407 - Manage finances for new business ventures
- CPCCBC4009 - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010 - Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
- CPCCBC4012 - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4014 - Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018 - Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4021 - Minimise waste on the building and construction site
- CPCCBC4013 - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4017 - Arrange resources and prepare for the building and construction project
- CPCCBC4052 - Lead and manage teams in the building and construction industry
- CPCCCO4001 - Supervise concreting work
- CPCCBC4002 - Manage work health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4007 - Plan building or construction work
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.