In a nutshell
By completing the Diploma of Business (Operations), you’ll develop key skills in business administration, finance and communication. You’ll strengthen your ability to manage essential business operations, preparing you to move from administrative or technical roles to a leadership role in any business. The course will help you to run day-to-day operations smoothly, understand the various components of a business, and lead your team to success.
After completing the course, you’ll have skills in budgeting and payroll, people management and policy development, as well as the ability to manage all business resources, which will support you in a wide range of business roles.
You’ll develop skills in:
- Budgeting and payroll
- People management skills
- Policy development skills
- Skills to manage business operational plans
- The ability to manage the recruitment and onboarding of new staff
- Skills in developing, implementing and managing administration systems
Online and self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Total of 12 units:
- BSBOPS501 - Manage business resources
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- BSBOPS503 - Develop administrative systems
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- BSBHRM526 - Manage payroll
- BSBTWK503 - Manage meetings
- BSBXCM501 - Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBHRM525 - Manage recruitment and onboarding
- BSBPEF501 - Manage personal and professional development
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.