In a nutshell
The Diploma of Project Management (Specialising in Construction) (BSB50820) from The College of Adult Learning is designed to provide graduates with the critical project management skills they need to succeed in planning, managing and delivering projects on time and to budget, with a focus on skills required for the construction industry, including WHS management and preparing contracts.
In this course you will develop skills to:
- Manage projects costs and timing to ensure projects are finished on time and to budget
- Manage project information to ensure seamless communication across all team members of the project to promote efficiency
- Lead WHS and risk management to ensure the workplace is safe and workplace incidents are reduced and or eliminated
- Manage the application of building codes to ensure projects meet standards
This diploma course is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
What you’ll need
As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. If you are not currently in, or have not previously been in, an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace and undertake work that meets the requirements for the units of this course.
For more information regarding workplace requirements, please make an enquiry.
In this course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBPMG530 - Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531 - Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533 - Manage project cost
- BSBPMG534 - Manage project human resources
- BSBWHS521 - Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBPMG535 - Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG536 - Manage project risk
- BSBPMG537 - Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG540 - Manage project integration
- CPCCBC4003 - Select, prepare and administer construction contract
- CPCCBC5010 - Manage construction work
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.