In a nutshell
If you’re looking to start a rewarding career in helping children get the best education possible, then this CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support qualification from Foundation Education could be just what you’re looking for. The qualification will ensure that you have the right set of skills to enable you to effectively perform in a range of education support jobs by teaching you in-demand skills such as how to assist students with special needs, how to provide and manage a stimulating, safe and meaningful learning environment and how to assist teachers in a range of administrative functions.
This flexible, online course with a practical component covers all essential areas required for education support roles such as how to assist in facilitation of student learning, support students in improving their literacy and numeracy skills, facilitate learning for students with disabilities and support implementation of behaviour plans.
The course also involves 100 hours of practical work within a primary and/or secondary school setting that will give you the opportunity to put your newly acquired skills to practice and provide you real life classroom experience.
Start studying today and you will be able to commence your new career in the field of education support within 18 months.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Working with children and practical work requirements
- Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement;
- For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school;
- Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While obtaining the CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCEDS033 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment
- CHCEDS045 - Support student mathematics learning
- CHCEDS046 - Support student literacy learning
- CHCEDS047 - Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS048 - Work with students in need of additional learning support
- CHCEDS051 - Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS056 - Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- CHCEDS058 - Support the implementation of behaviour plans
- CHCEDS059 - Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCEDS049 - Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCEDS050 - Support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557