In a nutshell
If you are a compassionate and empathetic person, and enjoy helping others in the community overcome various obstacles to live their best lives, then this CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs qualification from Hader Institute of Education could provide you with a path to a rewarding career.
This course is focused on giving you the required skills and knowledge to support and assist recovery of people affected by drug and alcohol dependency issues. By teaching you essential skills such as how to asses needs and provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues, develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans, work with people with mental health issues, use communication to build relationships and recognise and respond to crisis situations, this qualification will ensure that you become an effective drugs and alcohol community support worker.
Theoretical component of the course is conducted online, with 120 hours of work placement experience to be completed in one of our rehabilitation centres, and in only 12 months of study you will be qualified for one of many entry-level individual and community support positions.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this online qualification, however you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test at or above level 3 in reading, writing and numeracy.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the online application and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you will study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCAOD001 - Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCAOD004 - Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCAOD006 - Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCCCS014 - Provide brief interventions
- CHCAOD009 - Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid (learners need to complete this unit externally and provide a valid First Aid certificate for a credit transfer before completing the course)
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.