In a nutshell
The demand for community services specialists is on the rise in Australia and the number of required community services workers is set to increase threefold over the next decade, so if you have an aptitude for helping other now is the perfect time to become a qualified community services worker with this CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services qualification from Hader Institute of Education.
This course is designed for people wishing to build a career based on helping others live their best lives and focuses on enabling you to provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services. The course will give you essential skills and knowledge such as how to facilitate the interests and rights of clients, how to work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness, how to recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence and how to provide loss and grief support.
This 100% online course consists of three hours per week of online classroom sessions, 15 hours per week of structured self-paced study and seven one-on-one online skills development and practice sessions and will see you ready to commence your first role in community services within 12 months.
This is one of the only course of its kind available nationally so enquire now and begin your journey to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
What you’ll need
Student entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement)
- Have a valid Police Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement)
- Have the required immunisations, including COVID-19 vaccination, as required to attend the placement facility. Please note, additional immunisations may be required given Government or placement facility’s health policy changes.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the enrolment form and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client car
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS014 - Provide brief interventions
- CHCCCS017 - Provide loss and grief support
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCDE019 - Work within a community development framework
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCSOH013 - Work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.