In a nutshell
If you are community focused and enjoy helping others live better lives, then this CHC40421 Certificate IV in Youth Work qualification from Hader Institute of Education could provide a pathway to a rewarding career. This contemporary qualification is designed to enable you to work in one of many roles assisting young people address their social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs.
This course will provide you with essential youth support skills such as how to use communication to build relationships, how to promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety, how to work with people with mental health issues, how to work effectively with young people in youth work context and how to assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being.
This 100% online course consists of three hours per week of online classroom sessions, 15 hours per week of structured self-paced study and seven one-on-one online skills development and practice sessions, as well as 80 hours of practical work placement, and will see you ready to commence working in one of many youth-support roles available nationally.
This is one of the only course of its kind available nationally so enquire now and begin your journey to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
What you’ll need
Student entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Be capable of completing 80 hours of work placement in a suitable health facility.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement)
- Have a valid Police Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement)
- Have the required immunisations, including COVID-19 vaccination, as required to attend the placement facility. Please note, additional immunisations may be required given Government or placement facility’s health policy changes.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the enrolment form and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC40421 Certificate IV in Youth Work qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCGRP002 - Plan and conduct group activities (Workplace demonstration)
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCPRT025 - Identify and report children and young people at risk (Workplace demonstration)
- CHCYTH013 - Engage respectfully with young people (Workplace demonstration)
- CHCYTH014 - Work effectively with young people in youth work context (Work-place demonstration)
- CHCYTH015 - Support young people to create opportunities in their lives (Work-place demonstration)
- CHCYTH016 - Respond to critical situations (Workplace demonstration)
- CHCYTH022 - Provide services for the needs and circumstances of young people (Workplace demonstration)
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety (Workplace demonstration)
- CHCCDE019 - Work within a community development framework
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.