In a nutshell
If you are looking for a career path based on helping others overcome issues posed by mental health challenges, or you already have some community services or health experience and would like to advance your career, then this CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health qualification from Hader Institute of Education could be a great option for you.
This qualification is designed to give you all the necessary specialist skills that will allow you to work with and support people in the community who face various challenges related to mental health. The course will teach you essential skills such as how to provide recovery oriented mental health services, how to provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs, how to provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues and how to assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being.
The theoretical component of the qualification is 100% online based, while the course also involves 160 hours of practical work placement which will ensure that on completion you will have both required skills and knowledge and real world experience to engage in one of many mental health work positions available nationally.
What you’ll need
Student entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV in Mental Health.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test at or above level 3 in reading, writing and numeracy.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Hold the required criminal and working with children checks (if applicable) or be able to apply for a police check if required prior to the commencement of work placement if required.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the online application and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCADV005 - Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCMHS009 - Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- CHCAOD004 - Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS012 - Provide support to develop wellness plans and advanced directives
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCMHS013 - Implement trauma informed care
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCPRP002 - Collaborate in professional practice
- CHCMHS003 - Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS002 - Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS004 - Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS010 - Implement recovery-oriented approaches to complexity
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.