In a nutshell
If you are a naturally organised person and are looking to start a career in business administration then this BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration) qualification from Open Colleges could be a fantastic choice for you. Business activity is on the rise in Australia and outlook for the creation of new clerical roles is great, with 342,000 new roles to be created in the industry by 2025 (Source: Australian Government Job Outlook), so if you’re after an in-demand career this could be an ideal opportunity.
Completing this Certificate IV qualification will enable you to competently perform in any of the many administrative and clerical roles required by the modern businesses. You will gain all the contemporary business administration and communication skills by studying subjects such as how to apply communication strategies in the workplace, build effective business relationships, write complex documents, design and produce complex spreadsheets and how to use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment.
By the end of this course you will be equipped with all the knowledge you need to become an administration star for any business or organisation, so start studying today!
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrollment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are no mandatory prerequisites for enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3, or
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g. smartphone.
While completing this BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration) qualification from Open Colleges, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBTEC404 - Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBOPS405 - Organise business meetings
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCRT411 - Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBXCM401 - Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBPEF402 - Develop personal work priorities
- BSBTEC403 - Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBTEC402 - Design and produce complex spreadsheets
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.