In a nutshell
The online Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance at UNSW is designed for professionals who want the fundamental knowledge to make sound financial decisions at all business levels.
Whether you’re looking to upskill and advance your career, make a change by entering the finance industry, or build a strong foundation to pursue the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, you can accrue a wealth of financial knowledge and real-world applications through this 100% online program from one of Australia’s most respected universities.
What you’ll need
Non-cognate entry requirements
- Students with a recognised Bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) and no finance knowledge should apply for the Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance.
- Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance with a credit average (65% or higher), students will be eligible to articulate into the Master’s with full credit for the courses completed as part of the Graduate Certificate; AND
- Proficient in the English language.
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance comprises four online subjects. The program offers three core subjects and one elective, allowing fundamental finance skills to complement choice and student direction. Select from key areas including analytics and financial technology – whatever your interests, this program delivers access to the latest thinking and current research in finance.
- International Finance*
- Corporate Finance*
- Private Equity and Venture Capital*
- Equity Valuation*
- Fixed Income*
- Ethics and Professional Standards*
- Financial Management*
- FinTech Ecosystems and Industry Insights
- Principles of Programming
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Economics*
- Law Regulation and Ethics
- Technical Tools for FinTech
- Decentralised Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- Data Management for FinTech^
- Robo Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^
- Introductory Data Analysis*
Available elective courses will vary per program and study period. *Course designed in line with the CFA examination curriculum. The CFA-aligned Master of Applied Finance pathway provides students with a strong grounding to pursue the CFA designation. ^Prerequisite: Technical Tools for Fintech.
Why UNSW Online?
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.
Student Admissions Advisors:
Investing in the right program for you is important to us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to assist you with all your program and enrolment queries.
Student Success Advisors:
Studying online does not mean studying alone. We are here to help you make your difference. Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help with all non-academic queries by phone or email.