In a nutshell
With 40% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from the built environment, Australia is working towards making a significant reduction by 2030.
Our physical environment is constantly being shaped by the evolving challenges of a growing, connected society. Successful property developers of the future have a vision beyond bricks-and-mortar. They understand the cost of a changing climate, the benefit of sustainable development, and value in creating places that are community-minded as well as commercially viable.
Be a part of the world’s largest asset class and invest in your future by building value with the UTS Online Master of Property Development. You’ll gain a holistic understanding of property development processes, driving commercially viable and sustainable developments that make a positive impact for the future.
What you’ll need
Applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
Completed a bachelor’s degree from one of the following disciplines:
- Architecture and Building
- Management and Commerce
- Law and Legal Studies
- Economics and Econometrics
Successful completion of the:
- UTS Graduate Certificate in Property Development, OR
- UTS Graduate Certificate in Planning, OR
- UTS Graduate Diploma in Planning, OR
- UTS Graduate Diploma in Property Development, OR
- UTS Graduate Diploma in Construction Management, OR
- UTS Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Applicants who do not satisfy the above requirements may be considered on the following basis:
- A minimum two years of work experience in a field closely related to property development
Applicants need to provide:
- A CV (maximum 3 pages) outlining two years (minimum) of work experience in a profession closely related to property development, AND
- An employer’s letter confirming the dates of employment and the position held.
The subjects for this course include:
- Property Development and Planning
- Development Feasibility and Modelling
- Property Transactions
- Property Development Finance Planning and Environmental Law in Australia
- Valuation Methodology
- Property Market and Risk Analysis
- Transit-Oriented Development
Plus four electives from sub-majors subjects or elective subjects
- Urban Planning
- Specialised Valuation (for CPV)
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Success Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.