In a nutshell
This unique university qualification is one of a kind in Australia. The Master of Child and Adolescent Mental Health from Victoria University (VU) Online will help you drive positive impact upon not just children and adolescents but also families, carers and clinicians across a range of educational, community and clinical settings.
You will explore advanced care strategies, treatment techniques, therapies and interventions, and will do research which will contribute to a growing understanding of child and adolescent mental health.
Study 100% online with VU Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
What you’ll need
To do this course, you must have:
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor in a cognate discipline such as Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Counselling, Youth Work or Education OR;
- A Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Mental Health OR;
- A Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Units you may study in this course include:
- HNO6014 - Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- HNO6015 - Child and Adolescent Engagement and Assessment
- HNO6010 - Recovery Oriented Mental Health
- HNO6012 - Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- HNO6009 - Mental Health Foundations
- HNO6011 - Biopsychosocial and Cultural Perspectives in Mental Health
- HNO6016 - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Wellbeing in Schools
- HNO7013 - Psychological Therapies
- HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice
- HNO7014 - Perspectives on Addictive Behaviours
- HNO7012 - Assessment in Mental Health
- HNO7901 - Research Project
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.