In a nutshell
Learn to tackle Public Health challenges and make a positive impact within vulnerable communities by studying a Master of Public Health from Victoria University Online.
Led by experienced academics, this 100% online public health course will equip you with specialised knowledge and skills to be part of the solution and make a greater impact in your role.
Experience Victoria University Online’s Award Winning Block Model – 100% online and flexible learning. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience. Focusing on just one subject at a time, the six-study period a year model enables you to complete as many as six units per year to graduate faster.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
Study a Master of Public Health with Victoria University Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
In this public health course, the subjects you may study include:
- Foundations of Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics 1
- Public Health in Practice
- Culture and Society in Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics 2
- Promoting Health in Policy
- Systems Thinking in Public Health
- Public Health Program Management
- Innovative and Evidence-Based Health Promotion
- Social Media and Social Marketing Approaches to Health Promotion
- Global Contexts of Health Promotion Practice with Diverse Populations
- Professional Project
Global Health Leadership
- Global Health Leadership
- Global Health Economics and Finance
- Global Health Systems and Decision Making
- Professional Project
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.