In a nutshell
The Associate Degree of Football (Development, Management & Performance) qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) will make sure you’re prepared for a diverse range of future career paths in the football industry, with the skills, understanding, and knowledge that is necessary.
Through this degree, you can study how the industry (e.g. rugby union, rugby league, soccer, AFL, futsal) develops the game, and how the players, coaches, volunteers, and leaders work together to make sure their sport excels at all levels. The Associate Degree of Football has been designed in collaboration with the football industry, meaning your education will be to the highest standard. The workload also revolves around real-life case studies of football clubs, organisations, and professionals.
Work-integrated learning placements are also an important part of this course, with a minimum of 110 hours of practical placement in football environments being undertaken.
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
While a qualification can be accepted for admission into a diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree study, a higher performance standard is required for bachelor’s degree entry. Applicants who don’t meet the required standard can pursue associate degree or diploma study. Upon successful completing the diploma or associate degree study, you can move into the bachelor’s degree and apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. There are also various alternative entry pathways.
For more information, please enquire.
While completing the Associate Degree of Football (Development, Management & Performance) qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you will study subjects that include:
- SPB1301 - Managing the Sport and Recreation Industry
- PER1103 - Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- HSC1104 - Skill Acquisition
- PER1112 - Football Principles and Practices
- SPB1101 - Introduction to Sports Business
- PER1205 - Officiating
- PER1212 - Football Club Development and Support
- PER1213 - Player Wellbeing
- PER2111 - Leadership and Management in Football
- PER2102 - Professional Communication
- PER2112 - Football in Education and the Community
- PER2113 - Football Tactics Strategies and Analytics
- PER2211 - Football Finance Management and Governance
- PER2212 - International Study of Football
- PER2213 - Football Coaching: Theory into Practice
- HSC2205 - Applied Football Science
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: