In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Football (Development, Management & Performance) qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) allows you to turn your passion for football into a qualification. This degree will provide you with the understanding, skills, and knowledge to work in an incredibly diverse range of careers – centred within the football industry.
This degree will explore a range of football codes (e.g. rugby league, rugby union, AFL, futsal, and soccer), all of which will teach you how these sports deliver exemplary practice in areas such as community participation, sport science, coaching, and management.
The Bachelor of Football has been designed working directly with the football industry. Classes are taught by industry experts, all of which revolve around real-life case studies of clubs, organisations, and football professionals in order to ensure all knowledge acquired is industry relevant.
Work-integrated learning placements are also an integral aspect of this course to help you gain invaluable practical experience in the field – with a minimum of 260 hours of placement in various football environments.
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
While a qualification can be accepted for admission into a diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree study, a higher performance standard is required for bachelor’s degree entry. Applicants who don’t meet the required standard can pursue associate degree or diploma study. Upon successful completing the diploma or associate degree study, you can move into the bachelor’s degree and apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. Various alternative entry pathways are also offered.
For more information, please enquire.
While completing the Bachelor of Football (Development, Management & Performance) qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you may study subjects such as:
- SPB1301 - Managing the Sport and Recreation Industry
- PER1103 - Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- HSC1104 - Skill Acquisition
- PER1112 - Football Principles and Practices
- SPB1101 - Introduction to Sports Business
- PER1205 - Officiating
- PER1212 - Football Club Development and Support
- PER1213 - Player Wellbeing
- PER2111 - Leadership and Management in Football
- PER2102 - Professional Communication
- PER2112 - Football in Education and the Community
- PER2113 - Football Tactics Strategies and Analytics
- PER2211 - Football Finance Management and Governance
- PER2212 - International Study of Football
- PER2213 - Football Coaching: Theory into Practice
- HSC2205 - Applied Football Science
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: