In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Sport Business (Leadership) from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) will allow you to be fully equipped for a management role within the sport industry. This degree will broaden both your theoretical and technical knowledge of the sport industry.
The course will develop your specialist knowledge, including the legal, marketing, technological, administrative and financial aspects of the sport industry. This knowledge will also be combined with business skills that will help you manage not-for-profit and professional sports organisations, sporting events and facilities, athletes, and more. The Bachelor of Sport Business (Leadership) is taught by industry professionals, alongside multiple opportunities for sport-focused placements and internships. This degree will ensure that you are ready for work as soon as you graduate.
The Bachelor of Sport Business (Leadership) is available either face-to-face on campus at Sydney Olympic Park, with some units available online.
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
While a qualification can be accepted for admission into a diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree study, a higher performance standard is required for bachelor’s degree entry. Applicants who don’t meet the required standard can pursue associate degree or diploma study. Upon successful completing the diploma or associate degree study, you can articulate into the bachelor’s degree and apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. We also offer various alternative entry pathways.
For more information, please enquire.
In this sports business course, the subjects you will study include:
- Introduction to sports business
- Sport and the Social Context
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- IT in Sports Business Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- International Sport Business
- Asset and Risk Management
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Statutory Requirements for Sports Business
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Health Policy and Politics
- Leadership in Sport Business
- Building Relationships in Sports Business
- Facility and Risk Management
- Public Relations and Media Management
- Finance for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Research in Action (Sports Business)
- Economics for Sports Business
- Preparing for the Sport Industry of the Future
- Event and Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in the Sports Industry
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.