In a nutshell
This online Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) course from ACPE trains students to have a detailed understanding of how sports businesses operate. The course covers essential areas such as marketing, management and administration, as well as finance and accounting.
ACPE teachers and lecturers are leading practitioners in the field and bring real-life experience to the table, so students are taught up-to-date industry practices and have a unique insight into the sports sector.
Cover sports business in both national and international contexts and prepare to work in an ever increasingly globalised economy.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to enrol in this course, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have completed the NSW HSC with minimum average of 60 (calculated from the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent; OR
- Hold a qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Hold an associate diploma or higher from a recognised VET provider; OR
- Have completed at least one year full-time or equivalent in a degree from an Australian university; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified under formal articulation agreements as determined by the ACPE academic board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria above
In this sports business course, the subjects you will study include:
- Introduction to sports business
- Sport and the Social Context
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- IT in Sports Business Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- International Sport Business
- Asset and Risk Management
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Statutory Requirements for Sports Business
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Health Policy and Politics
- Leadership in Sport Business
- Building Relationships in Sports Business
- Facility and Risk Management
- Public Relations and Media Management
- Finance for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Research in Action (Sports Business)
- Economics for Sports Business
- Preparing for the Sport Industry of the Future
- Event and Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in the Sports Industry
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: