In a nutshell
Get a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of coaching and management principles for the sports industry with this Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management) from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE).
This course equips you with a broad professional skill set, that allows you to pursue a wide range of job opportunities in the sports industry. With a balance between theoretical and practical subjects, you’ll be led by expert instructors that can provide insights based on their years of industry experience.
This course offers a blended learning experience, so you can enjoy their host of awesome facilities on campus in Sydney Olympic Park, as well as study a few modules at your own pace, online.
If you’re passionate about sports and want to pursue a career in the industry that allows you flexibility, opportunity and variety, this degree can help turn your professional aspirations into an achievable goal. Start studying today to get your career in sports off to a flying start!
Study With ACPE
What you’ll need
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC average of 60 or equivalent; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
In this sports management course, subjects you may study include:
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Coaching Sport
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Accounting for Managers
- Performance Analysis and Research in Coaching
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Professional Communication
- Professional Integrity
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Finance for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Inclusive Coaching
- Athlete Talent Identification and Development
- Youth Health and Resilience
- Event and Project Management
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: