In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management) from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is a specialised degree which incorporates a strong focus on building both management expertise and coaching experience. The result of this is a flexible foundation that can be used to build upon key competencies that are aligned with highly successful management specialists and sport coaches.
Classes are taught by experts that are highly trained in their relevant fields, and will also bring their own industry experience to the table in order to provide further context to both theoretical and practical units. These practical classes will also provide further opportunity for mastering subject material and assisting with the development of further practical application. The Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management) shares core elements of management principles and modern coaching that are increasingly encountered in the sport sector. In addition to this, you will gain several additional certifications that will accompany your degree. ACPE is also a proud member of the International Council for Coaching Excellence.
Study With ACPE
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent.
Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects.
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification.
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent
While a qualification can be accepted for admission into a diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree study, a higher performance standard is required for bachelor’s degree entry. Applicants who don’t meet the required standard can pursue associate degree or diploma study. Upon successful completing the diploma or associate degree study, you can articulate into the bachelor’s degree and apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. We also offer various alternative entry pathways.
For more information, please enquire.
In this sports management course, subjects you may study include:
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Coaching Sport
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Accounting for Managers
- Performance Analysis and Research in Coaching
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Professional Communication
- Professional Integrity
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Finance for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Inclusive Coaching
- Athlete Talent Identification and Development
- Youth Health and Resilience
- Event and Project Management
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.