In a nutshell
Whether you are a recent school graduate, a committed fitness industry professional, or an individual aiming to enhance career prospects, this Diploma of Sport and Exercise Science qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is your gateway to success.
This course, designed by industry experts, has been formulated as an AQF Level 5 course that will allow you to acquire the fundamental knowledge and skills that underpin the sport and exercise science industry.
By doing this diploma, you’ll gain:
- Foundational theoretical knowledge within the areas of exercise science and health.
- Technical knowledge in foundational sport and exercise science.
- Knowledge of the scope of practice for an entry level sport and exercise science professional.
The well-structured curriculum empowers you with the expertise necessary to excel in entry-level roles, positioning you for a fulfilling and successful career, and enabling you to take on further study in the field by giving you access to the bachelor-level qualifications.
What you’ll need
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum NSW HSC or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
While completing the Diploma of Sport and Exercise Science qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you will study the following subjects:
- GHS1301 - Understanding Health
- HSC1106 - Foundations of Sport and Exercise Science
- HSC1202 - Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- HSC1105 - Exercise Prescription
- HSC1209 - Growth and Development
- HSC1104 - Skill Acquisition
- HSC1208 - Nutrition as Medicine
- HSC1206 - Physiology of Human Movement
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: