In a nutshell
If you are a sports management or leadership professional looking to expand their career prospects by learning about ethics, law and governance in sports, then this Graduate Certificate in Ethics and Integrity in Sport qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) could be just what you’re looking for.
This course, developed in conjunction with top sports governance experts, will teach all about essential topics such as law and governance in sport administration and ethics and integrity in sports. The course will prepare you for positions such as board director, board committee member (for example ethics and integrity, remuneration, conflict of interest, Sustainability, Compliance, etc), member of tribunals and other disciplinary bodies, member of selection committees and similar.
This course is suitable for:
- Individuals already employed in the sports industry seeking additional education and training to enhance their career prospects;
- Professionals with experience in other industries aiming to transition into a career in sports;
- Individuals with significant experience in sports organisations, including athletes or coaches, who may lack formal qualifications required for management roles;
- Directors or Committee Members of sport organisations who may need additional education and training.
The course is designed to accommodate part-time study, offering flexibility for students to transition between full-time and part-time based on their other commitments.
What you’ll need
To enrol in this course, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have at least two years’ work experience in the industry; AND
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant field; OR
- Have completed a diploma or advanced diploma qualification, supported by additional relevant work experience; OR
- Have substantial relevant work or educational experience, demonstrating a capacity to succeed.
While completing the Graduate Certificate in Ethics and Integrity in Sport qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you will cover the following subjects:
- SBG4002 - Managing People in Sport Organisations
- SBG4051 - Ethics and Integrity
- SBG4055 - Law and Governance in Sport Administration
- SBG4056 - The Power and Potential of Sport
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.