In a nutshell
If you love your sports, and have always dreamed about a career in sports management, then this Graduate Certificate of Sport Management qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) could be just the course you’re looking for. This course is ideal for professionals, athletes and coaches who are looking for further education in the field that will improve their long-term career prospects, or professionals in other fields who wish to switch to a career in sports.
This course will enable you to confidently engage in a range of sports management roles by teaching you essential skills required to become a top performer in the sports management sector. You will gain knowledge in crucial fields such as people management in sports organisations, financial management in sport, law and governance in sport administration, strategic and operational risk management and athlete well-being and case management.
This course can be completed in three months via online full-time study, or over a longer period via part time study, allowing you to manage work and other commitments easily.
What you’ll need
To enrol in this course, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have at least two years’ work experience in the industry; AND
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant field; OR
- Have completed a diploma or advanced diploma qualification, supported by additional relevant work experience; OR
- Have substantial relevant work or educational experience, demonstrating a capacity to succeed.
While completing the Graduate Certificate of Sport Management qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you may study the following subjects:
- Principles of Sport Management
- Managing People in Sport Organisations
- Financial Management in Sport
- Integrated Sport Marketing and Communication
Elective units (choose any two):
- Ethics and Integrity
- Athlete Well-being and Case Management
- Strategic and Operational Risk Management
- Managing Technology in Sport Leadership in sport Organisations
- Law and Governance in Sport Administration
- The Power and Potential of Sport
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.