In a nutshell
Want to start your own business? Progress to the next level in your workplace? Or simply stand out from the crowd in the wide world of business? A Diploma of Business (BSB50215) from the Australian Institute of Management is the perfect course for you.
This 12-month diploma course covers crucial areas of knowledge you’ll require to succeed in the business environment. You’ll learn how to manage all the key aspects of a business workplace, from operational plans, meetings and recruitment processes to projects and professional development. You’ll also discover how to build and sustain an innovative work environment and promote continuous improvement among your team. Throughout the course, there’s a strong emphasis on real-world business practice that will help prepare you for a management career.
AIM offers flexible study options, giving you the choice between studying entirely online, or utilising a blended delivery mode (a combination of 8 days of on-campus workshops and additional self-paced study/online support). Through this flexibility, you’re able to study at your own pace and in your own way. You’ll graduate with effective problem-solving and communication skills and a sound understanding of business operations and teamwork. So what are you waiting for? Kickstart your business career today!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of enrolment; AND
- Have an education level of Year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV; OR
- Meet the requirements in the admissions checklist; AND
- Experience in the business work environment and access to a workplace; AND
- Technological literacy; AND
- Proficient in English; OR
- If English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBINN502 - Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBMGT516 - Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 - Undertake project work
- BSBWRT501 - Write persuasive copy
- BSBADM502 - Manage meetings
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBHRM506 - Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM513 - Manage workforce planning
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: