In a nutshell
Projects are a key part of every business – and every project needs a great project manager. If you think you’ve got what it takes to lead teams and deliver outcomes, the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training is perfect for you.
Guided by the best practice principles outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge, and endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management, this course is an essential step on the career path of every budding project manager. Over 12 months of study, you’ll cover all the key aspects of the project management process. You’ll learn how to manage everything from scope, time, cost and quality to human resources, information, communication and risk. You’ll also delve into procurement processes, governance and stakeholder engagement, and discover how to facilitate continuous improvement in every project you oversee. By the end of the course you will have gained all the knowledge and confidence to progress your project management career to new heights.
This course is delivered 100% online, requires roughly 12 hours of study per week and can be completed in 12-18 months.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of enrolment; AND
- Have an education level of Year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV; OR
- Meet the requirements in the admissions checklist; AND
- Experience in the business work environment and access to a workplace; AND
- Technological literacy; AND
- Proficient in English; OR
- If English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
While completing this BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training , the subjects you may study include:
- BSBPMG530 - Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531 - Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533 - Manage project cost
- BSBPMG534 - Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG535 - Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG536 - Manage project risk
- BSBPMG540 - Manage project integration
- BSBSTR502 - Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG537 - Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG538 - Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG539 - Manage project governance
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: