In a nutshell
Are you ready to kickstart your career in one of the world’s fastest-growing professions? Take your first step into the exciting sector of project management with a Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB40920) from the College for Adult Learning.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the processes and systems involved in the project management life cycle. Through nine nationally accredited units modelled around the five key project management processes (initiate, plan, execute, control + monitor and close a project), you’ll develop the skills you need to manage a small project or to be an effective team member of a large, complex project.
- Applying risk management techniques to projects
- Effectively define project scope and apply scope controls
- Foundations of managing small to large projects using the PMBOK 10 knowledge areas
- Managing project human resources and stakeholder information
You’ll have the option to study online at your own pace, completing the course with just eight months of full-time study (or around 12 months part-time). When you graduate, you’ll be job-ready, with a respected qualification in hand and the confidence and skills you need to begin a new chapter in your career. Why not start that chapter today?
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
In this project management course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBPMG420 - Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG421 - Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG422 - Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG423 - Apply project cost management techniques
- BSBPMG424 - Apply project human resources management approaches
- BSBPMG426 - Apply project risk management techniques
- BSBPMG427 - Apply project procurement procedures
- BSBPMG429 - Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
- BSBPMG425 - Apply project information management and communications techniques
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.