In a nutshell
By completing the Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety at the College for Adult Learning, you’ll develop a basic understanding of occupational health and safety law, and how to navigate the technical aspects related to WHS processes within any organisation.
You’ll learn how to best contribute to WHS decisions, supporting their implementation and influencing change within your organisation. Throughout the course, you’ll develop skills essential to any role within occupational health and safety, including responding to workplace incidents, identifying (WHS) hazards and controlling the associated risks, and planning the implementation of a work health and safety management system (WHSMS). You’ll also develop transferable skills in problem-solving, report writing and documentation best practices, project management assistance and more.
Delivered entirely online, this comprehensive course can be studied at your own pace. Schedule study time around your work and life commitments, completing your course in anywhere from 12 to 24 months. So don’t hesitate – commit to yourself and your career and enquire about this online diploma today!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration; AND
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
In this WHS course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG429 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
Elective - Choose One
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.