In a nutshell
Ready to enter a new era of your career in human resources? Take a fast track to potential promotion with a Diploma of Human Resource Management (BSB50320) from the College for Adult Learning.
Human resource (HR) management is a valuable and rewarding career, with HR expertise essential in every modern business. Human resources professionals today lead the human resources department, supporting staff with personal and professional development, and working to establish a positive and efficient workplace, among a variety of other responsibilities.
To pursue a human resource management pathway, undertake online human resources training to develop the in-demand HR skills and knowledge you need to stand out. The Diploma of Human Resource Management (BSB50320) will allow you to develop your skills in people management, risk management, communication, and work health and safety. With our human resources diploma, you’ll be ready to take the next step in your HR career and become a highly sought-after asset in any business.
Having a formal qualification to support your skills and human resource management knowledge proves that you have what it takes to ensure teams are operating effectively and the workforce is continually developing to meet the strategic needs of the organisation. As an HR manager, you have your finger on the pulse of the organisation, aware of any issues that arise and you’re capable of resolving them appropriately.
What you’ll learn
- Managing workforce planning and recruitment processes
- Implementing and managing WHS policies to ensure they comply with legislative requirements
- Managing people performance and employee relations
What you’ll need
This diploma requires students to meet entry requirements to undertake this course. To satisfy the entry requirements for this diploma, you must have either completed the following units:
- BSBHRM411 - Administer performance development processes;
- BSBHRM412 - Support employee and industrial relations;
- BSBHRM415 - Coordinate recruitment and onboarding; and
- BSBHRM417 - Support human resource functions and processes.
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience. You will be required to submit evidence and complete a short eligibility conversation with one of our HR Learning Coaches.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements yet, we offer the option to combine this qualification with our Pathway Package. This is perfect if you want to complete the diploma but need the entry requirement units. Find out more in your Course Guide, or speak to one of our Learning Consultants.
In this human resource management course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBHRM523 Coordinate the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBHRM527 Coordinate human resource functions and processes
- BSBHRM525 Manage recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM521 Facilitate performance development processes
- BSBHRM524 Coordinate workforce plan implementation
- BSBHRM522 Manage employee and industrial relations
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBHRM529 Coordinate separation and termination processes
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.