In a nutshell
With this course, you’ll learn how to effectively lead people and manage team performance, manage budgets and financial plans, as well as heading up payroll and human resources functions.
You’ll be prepared to manage workplace relationships and team effectiveness to foster a positive and productive culture, manage daily workplace functions from meetings to staff payroll to ensure your business operates effectively, and you’ll have the ability to implement systems and policies to increase business efficiencies.
You’ll develop transferable business skills such as stakeholder management, critical thinking and how to communicate with influence, which you’ll need in any leadership role in organisations across multiple industries, setting you up to be a strong leader and operations manager.
What you’ll learn:
- Manage business operational plans
- Manage payroll, budgets and financial plans
- Manage people performance and team effectiveness
- Communicate with influence and lead workplace communication
- Stakeholder management skills
This course is online and self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 14-16 months on a part-time study load, but can allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.
It incorporates engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Total of 13 units
- BSBOPS501 - Manage business resources
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- BSBHRM526 - Manage payroll
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR523 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBHRM525 - Manage recruitment and onboarding
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBXCM501 - Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBCMM511 - Communicate with influence
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.