In a nutshell
You’re a natural problem-solver who has a head for numbers. Now, turn your skills into a professional career, with this Diploma of Payroll Services (FNS50422) course from Monarch Institute.
This diploma-level qualification is suited to both new students and people working in payroll and bookkeeping looking for a formal academic qualification to complement their experience.
In this course, you’ll develop technical skills and specialised knowledge required to process financial reports, manage payroll, apply taxation and superannuation schemes to payroll, and complete business activity statements. Developed in consultation with industry professionals, this nationally recognised qualification is tailored specifically to the needs of payroll professionals.
With a particular focus on technology, this course offers practical training in using online payroll software to ensure your skills remain contemporary and relevant.
If you’re seeking a new career challenge, want to grow your professional skillset, or are looking for a new opportunity, this new course might be your next career step.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Students without an equal or higher level qualification are required to complete a short online language, literacy and numeracy quiz before starting this course.
In this bookkeeping course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBHRM527 - Coordinate human resource functions and processes
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
- FNSINC411 - Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
- FNSPAY514 - Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
- FNSPAY515 - Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
- BSBHRM526 - Manage payroll
- FNSPAY511 - Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
- FNSPAY512 - Process superannuation payments in payroll
- FNSTPB412 - Establish and maintain payroll systems (TBP code: MPA001 Payroll Administration)
- FNSTPB411 - Complete business activity and instalment activity statements (TBP code: MAS001 Activity Statements)
- FNSPAY513 - Process complex employee terminations in payroll
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields.
Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them.
Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank.
With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.