In a nutshell
If you are looking to further your career in sports management and engage with senior roles in sports management and governance, then this Graduate Diploma of Sport Management qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) could be just what you’re looking for.
This program offers a comprehensive post-graduate degree combined with invaluable practical experience that directly aligns with the demands and standards of the sport industry. A distinct focus is placed on empowering students with the necessary expertise and capabilities to make a meaningful contribution in managerial positions within the sports sector. The course will enable you to explore and gain expertise in essential subjects such as leadership in sport organisations, financial management in sport, strategic and operational risk management and managing technology in sport leadership across sport organisations.
The structure of the course has been thoughtfully designed to accommodate the needs of students with varying commitments. With the option of part-time study, individuals can seamlessly transition between full-time and part-time enrollment, enabling them to balance their academic pursuits with other obligations.
What you’ll need
To enrol in this course, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have at least two years’ work experience in the industry; AND
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant field; OR
- Have completed a diploma or advanced diploma qualification, supported by additional relevant work experience; OR
- Have substantial relevant work or educational experience, demonstrating a capacity to succeed.
While completing the Graduate Diploma of Sport Management qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you may study the following subjects:
- SBG4001 - Principles of Sport Management (taken in the first session of study)
- SBG4002 - Managing People in Sport Organisations
- SBG4003 - Financial Management in Sport
- SBG4004 - Integrated Sport Marketing and Communication
- SBG4005 - Leadership in Sport Organisations
- SBG4006 - Sport Industry Project (taken in the final session of study)
Elective Units (two of your choice):
- SBG4051 - Ethics and Integrity
- SBG4052 - Athlete Well-being and Case Management
- SBG4053 - Strategic and Operational Risk Management
- SBG4054 - Managing Technology in Sport Leadership in Sport Organisations
- SBG4055 - Law and Governance in Sport Administration
- SBG4056 - The Power and Potential of Sport
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.