In a nutshell
Seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding career in human resources? Ready to take on a management role in the sector? The Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50615), offered by the Australian Institute of Management, is the course you need to take the next step in your career.
There’s a lot involved in managing human resources functions, and all the key areas are covered in this comprehensive course. Designed with candidates in mind who already possess a strong foundational knowledge of human resources, the course takes your knowledge to the next level. You’ll cover everything from recruitment, workforce planning and WHS policies to managing employee relations and performance management. You’ll also learn how to effectively manage tricky aspects like separation/termination processes and mediation. By the time you graduate, you’ll be ready to take on higher-level human resources roles across a range of businesses and industries.
AIM offers you the choice of two study modes for this course: 100% online, self-paced learning, or a blended learning mode that involves nine days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced online study. Choose the delivery mode that suits you best and in just 12 months, you’ll be ready and raring to take on the HR world and succeed in the next stage of your career.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of enrolment; AND
- Have an education level of Year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV; OR
- Meet the requirements in the admissions checklist; AND
- Experience in the business work environment and access to a workplace; AND
- Technological literacy; AND
- Proficient in English; OR
- If English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
In this human resources course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBHRM506 - Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWRK510 - Manage employee relations
- BSBHRM513 - Manage workforce planning
- BSBHRM501 - Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM512 - Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM507 - Manage separation or termination
- BSBHRM510 - Manage mediation processes
- BSBMGT502 - Manage people performance
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: