In a nutshell
The Diploma of Business (Records and Information Management) (BSB50120) from College for Adult Learning (CAL) will give you key administrative skills and strengthen your ability to manage business information and records efficiently, preparing you to manage resources effectively in any organisation.
Develop essential skills in managing business resources and operational plans, budgets and financial plans. Learn how to develop administrative systems to streamline processes and for effective operational management.
You’ll learn how to:
- Implement and manage information management systems to increase efficiency
- Develop skills in managing budgets and financial plans to understand the business financial position
- Monitor business records systems and records management to ensure information is accurate
- Manage daily business operations to ensure the office is operating effectively
The CAL Diploma of Business (Records and Information Management) has received accreditation from the Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIMPA).
Students studying Business Records and Information Management can now receive a free one-year RIMPA Student Membership. As a student member, you’ll have access to resources to support your studies, join programs and events to help you become job-ready, and attend free member-only conventions to build your professional network and learn about specialist Records Management topics.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course.
In this course, subjects you'll study include:
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in other
- BSBOPS503 Develop administrative systems
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBSTR503 Develop organisational policy
- BSBINS501 Implement information and knowledge management systems
- BSBINS512 Monitor business records systems
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBINS513 Contribute to records management framework
- BSBINS601 Manage knowledge and information
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.