In a nutshell
Looking for a way to kickstart your business management career? Why not get the best of both worlds, tackle two disciplines at once, and double your job prospects right out of the gate? That’s what’s on offer with the Double Diploma of Project Management (BSB50820) + Leadership & Management (BSB50420) from the College for Adult Learning.
This comprehensive double diploma course introduces you to the exciting world of project management, while also improving your ability to lead a team through leadership and management-focused units. You’ll gain valuable skills in managing the time, scope, quality and cost of a project, as well as covering key areas of leadership such as accountability, risk management, performance management, optimisation and target setting. All in all, it’s a well-rounded course that will equip you with a wide variety of skills to see you to success in the business world.
You’ll learn to:
- Develop, manage and execute project plans
- Lead and performance manage a project team
- Manage large budgets and financial plans across multiple projects
- Manage small to large projects using the PMBOK 10 knowledge areas
Delivered entirely online, this course can be completed at your own pace. Studying full-time, you can have a double qualification in just 12 months (or 16–18 months part-time).
CAL has received endorsement for our Diploma of Project Management (BSB50820) course from the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), the premier, longest-serving body for project management in Australia.
Having passed a rigorous review by AIPM auditors, adding an AIPM-endorsed diploma to your repertoire demonstrates your commitment to project management professional development and the elevation of industry practices.
So what are you waiting for? Dive headfirst into the next stage of your career as a business leader!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
In this project management course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531 Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533 Manage project cost
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBSTR501 Establish innovative work environments
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG540 Manage project integration
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.